Friday, January 2, 2009

the first award of 2009

It's award time again......and I got this one from the lovely Dawn...my fabby team mate on TYI who lives not a million miles away in the beautiful North East of Scotland...and WE ARE going to meet up soon.....one of my NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS.......and no doubt....blether for Scotland about crafting.
In the time honoured fashion....I have to pass this one on...well you know me folks I can't ever single out certain folks.....hey wouldn't want to hurt anybody's feelings by missing them out.....so I am awarding this to all the folks who have nothing better to do with their time but pop on over here and read the ramblings of a mad old crafter.......can't blame you really....there ain't nothing decent on TV...same old...same old.....and please don't anybody dare mention Big Brother.
Now DANCING ON ICE.....back on 11th January that's more my cuppa tea...
I have always had a fascination for ice-dancing and can remember when Torvill & Dean won their Gold Medal with the Balero routine......gliding elegantly along at breakneck speed on 2 thin blades and at the same time doing spins, jumps.....seems entirely scary to me and I've never tried it......now ski-ing... one of the great loves of my life.....sadly curtailed in recent years due to a severe lack of snow.....seems to me a far less scary pastime...for starters you have 2 huge planks attached to your feet... you don't have to dance with your partner....and any spins are definitely unintentional as was my one and only somersault.....picture the scene... I'm flying down a hill at breakneck speed....momentarily distracted by a rather dishy guy teaching a class of beginners......crossed my skis and DISASTER loomed......skis stopped dead but I kept going and did a perfect somersault landing back on my feet and continued downhill...hey that would have been a standing ovation at the Winter Olympics.....don't know who was more surprised THE DISHY GUY OR ME.....but believe me I have never.. ever..ever.. tried to do it again.......acrobat I am not.......I like both feet on the ground at all times!!!
Back tomorrow with the first challenge of 2009 on Penny Black Saturday.....catch up with you all later.
Hugs Kath XXXXXX