Friday, May 1, 2009

A little bit of altering

Morning Folks.....well I didn't have the best of days yesterday.....don't you think sometimes it would have been better just to stay in bed...pull the duvet over your head and let all the disasters get on with wreaking their havoc.
And Mr Mojo hasn't decided to come home either....but not one easily put off.....I decided to have a little play....or a little bit of altering is perhaps the technical term......there is no way I am into Mixed Media or Altered Art......but my prize from "Altered Pages" had lots of papers....well I use that term loosely....basically they are pages torn out of books and I thought what on earth am I going to do with that....well I just happened to be blog hopping yesterday and popped over to Hero Arts Club Blog.... lo and behold Shari Carroll has altered a canvas using similar papers.....so this one was inspired by that very talented lady.....one of my heroes.......

 of course I just had to use my new favourite Hero Arts Stamp......Heart Flourish
one of the chipboard tags from my lovely buddy Ann
and another favourite.. Prima Artful Collage Flowers
Well if this is Altered Art.....I am rather liking it....but I fear no book in the house will be safe now.
And what went wrong yesterday I hear you ask.......well.....my crafty helper was in the bad books again.....we arrived at the Forest and met up with a local dog walker and her 4 female charges.....well the boy wonder went into show off mode.....doing his "HEY LOOK AT ME " big macho dog impression....lay down and wallowed in every muddy puddle and hole in sight.....and then suitably wet and dirty....proceeded to dig himself a huge hole to get even more down and dirty in.....and let me tell you non of his female companions seemed to be the least bit impressed...but that's  Goldies for you....highly intelligent...but as daft as brushes.....by the time we got back to the car....he looked like a Black Retriever...so it was back home.... hosed down again.....and yes banished to the kitchen.....and three doggies towels back in the wash.
Well today can only get better.......or can it.....I have my doubts.....am off to the dentist for my check up and no doubt....the old scale and polish will rear it's ugly head again....oh I hate that bit...and then our lunchtime walk...well if I survive the day..will see you all tomorrow on Penny Black Saturday........toodle..oo..for now
Hugs Kath xxxxxxx
Who is FREDDIE FOO FOO and what are STACKIES
well to find out.....go HERE
and why am I being so cryptic this morning.....because daft Old Mr Blogger wouldn't let me upload a pic of this delish candy....so get on over there and get your name in the hat....before 9th May and spread some bloggy love....poor Nikky has had "a reat poo day"...just like me.
P.S. Edited to add.....well as from 8.30am....what started out as an "OK" day....just went into disaster mode....I have just dropped a whole bottle of Lenor on the utility room floor....OK it's tiles so easily mopped up and there is rather a nice aroma in there now.....but all over my shoes...and they are suede and all down my trousers.....the air was blue as well as the floor...and a little warning.....after my trip to the dentist it is definitely going to be an "under the duvet" day either that or the gas oven.