Monday, May 11, 2009

Stampin Chic.....Limited Supplies Challenge

Morning Folks....yes it's Monday morning once again and time for me to show my card for this week's Limited Supplies Challenge over on Stamping Chic........and this weeks' challenge is..

DIY PAPERS

 
  
 
White Cardstock
Coredinations Nostalgia
Doodlebug "Simply Sweet" Stickers
CCSR "Doodles" Stamp Set
Doodlebug "Simply Sweet" Alphabet Stickers
Inks: Colorbox Queue....Daffodil.....Chestnut Brown...Olive
Whispers Pens
Papermania Flowers
We are all totally spoilt for choice now with all the fabulous ranges of paper available but when I started stamping many years ago.....there certainly wasn't the same choice....so using rubber stamps to make backgrounds was the "IN THING" and I have just thought how ancient that makes me sound....it's the "in my day" or "back in the old days" syndrome.....but let me share with you how I made my background....because someone is bound to ask....
Placed Alphabet Stickers onto plain white cardstock to spell out the word "HAPPY" and using a Colorbox Queue Inkpad...Daffodil  and the direct to paper technique coloured the whole card.....then removed the alphabet stickers revealing the white letters.    I then traced around each letter with faux stitching.   Using the floral border stamp from CCSR Doodles Set....stamped with Colorbox Queue Chestnut Brown in between the lettering and coloured in with Whispers Pens.   Finished off with some white flowers which I coloured with Whispers Pens to colour match.    A little inking around the edge of the cardstock with Colorbox Queue Olive and then matted onto some Coredinations.

What a weekend weatherwise.....Saturday started off great but ended up in torrential rain and yesterday was absolutely glorious.....spent the whole day in the garden and oh my......was I weary come the evening...but got lots done...shrubs all got a bit of a haircut and are looking much tidier.....but endless journeys back and forth to the recycle plant with bags of garden rubbish and no.....the utility room still hasn't got the clean up that it needs.....will save that one for the next rainy day.   A certain little fella will be 2 at the end of this week and Grandma still hasn't made his card and I have some of Anice's fabby word books to make for a friend....so instead of hanging around here waffling......I better get to work.... but I did have a little play last night....will share later
Hugs Kath xxxxxxx