Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hero Arts Challenge

Morning folks..well what is the weather going to do today.....hopefully not a repeat of yesterday....I was on the verge of building an ark.. have never seen rain like that.....speak about monsoon....I.was caught in one of the downpours on my way to the shops in the car and believe me I couldn't see a thing....I think the wipers just gave up.....but knowing our British weather...today could turn out a scorcher.....if only....
And perhaps thanks to the weather...I managed to get a mountain of work done and even found time to fit in a challenge card....I fear I am now addicted to the challenge every week on the Hero Arts Club Blog....such a friendly group of stamping addicts and of course all totally besotted with Hero Arts......just like me. I have finally chosen the stamps I want for my prize....so many gorgeous ones to choose from and it took me a week to decide...but they are on their way and I can't wait to get my crafty mitts on them.....will be stalking the postie every day.
The challenge this week is to GO GREEN......to use recycled materials to make a card using at least one Hero Arts Stamp

Stamps: Hero Arts Printed Flowers.....Scattered Leaves
I had a ball making this card and it just goes to show that we are all so wasteful and perhaps too quick to just go out and buy all the latest papers and embellies. The corrugated card was cut from a recent stash order package....I inked up Cuttlebug Embossing Folder with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad "Walnut Stain" using a brayer and then ran the corrugated cardboard through.....rather than faff around trying to match up the strip on the left....decided to make it a feature....punched holes with my Big Bite and threaded through some string which also came with a delivery.
Stamped Flowers and Leaves onto cardboard with Walnut Stain and cut out.....that bit wasn't very easy...but my trusty Fiskars scissors never let me down.....then stamped flower onto a creased bit of vellum lying around in my scrap box and heat embossed with White.......button was from one of hubby's old shirts and the sentiments.....well I have a sentiment stash box...full to bursting with stuff I have lifted from cards I receive and I hasten to add..... not hand made ones....only the shop bought variety. And hey even the cardstock was recycled.....it had landed in the scrap box after I dropped an ink pad on it but managed to cover it with my recycled matt...so on the whole you might call this one....A RUBBISH CARD...catch up with you all later
Hugs Kath xxxxxx