Saturday, May 23, 2009

Penny Black Saturday Challenge....Week 50

Morning Folks......another fabulous reponse to last week's Recipe and wow......very creative cooking from everyone if I may so.....it's great to see so many folks joining in the challenge each week and lovely to welcome some new faces...we really appreciate you taking the time to join us and sharing  your creativity with us all.   The challenge this week on Penny Black Saturday is........

BUTTONS GALORE
 

 
  
 


Papers: WeRMemory Keepers....Nonsense Pad
Image: Penny Black
Buttons: Basic Grey
Flowers: Prima...Got Flowers
Brenda Pinnick Felt Flower

And before you say anything.....I know...I went a little overboard with the buttons....but the challenge does say....GALORE and you know me....I don't do things by halves.   I love buttons.....and have an old fashioned button box...just like my Mum.....choc full of memories....buttons from baby clothes....toggle buttons from the kids' duffle coats....buttons from school blazers......brass buttons from a Navy Blue M&S blazer...I used to wear with chinos and loafers...wow how long ago was that look in fashion.....and isn't it wonderful that a simple item like a button can bring memories flooding back....I think this must be an age thing...nostalgia and all that.
And we have fabulous prize for you again this week...this adorable stamp from the lovely Tracie

And a HUGE toot toot for my lovely and mega talented teamie PAULINE who had her Vintage Penny Black card featured as CARD OF THE MONTH on the PB Stamps website.....well done and so deserved....it's gorgeous.
So all you need this week folks.....are buttons galore...let your imagination run wild.....can't wait to see what you all create this week....will be popping over to visit you but in the meantime...it's toodle oo from me...back tomorrow with a challenge card or two.
Hugs Kath xxxxxx

30 comments:

  1. I love this card Kath, I dont think you have overdone it with the buttons...love how you used them in the trees.

    Have a great weekend

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Kath. This is a really fun card, I love the button tree. I still have my mum's old button tin and you are so right about them bringing back memories! Have a great weekend, hugs, Nicki, xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kath,

    This is a real 'happy' card! So bright, cute, lovely!!! I love all your unique details!!!!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I totally love your adorable tree Kath... it's a goooorgeous card missus, I have really missed all of your fabby colourful cards and your fun chatter while I've been awol. So glad to be back and having a ball seeing all the eye candy :)
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh this is super cute. I love all the buttons in the tree. Fabulous Idea. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card Kath, love that image, soo cute :o)

    isn't it funny about buttons? I have loads off Lily's clothes and I can tell you exactly what outfit it was and probably where I bought it and when she wore it..........can't tell you what I had for dinner last night though lol

    lotsalove

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Dear,
    your Card looks so lovely. You have chooses so friendly colors. I like it very much!

    Hugs
    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you've used the buttons, especially on the tree - you can never have too many buttons quine
    have a good weekend
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great colourful card Kath really cheers you up to look at it
    Hope you have a great BH
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is truly an awesome card Kath - how you've done the tree with the buttons is so imaginative, who else could have thought of it? I love the scenery effect with the papers - very original as usual! And thanks so much for the toot sweetie ..sad but I'm still feeling thrilled about that! Have a great weekend hun :-)
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  11. God morning,
    love you card! So many grest details.
    Fredrikke :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card,Kath...it really is so cute....the buttons look great.Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Kath, nope, no overdose, those buttons look fab. Your comment about the chinos/loafers/blazer struck a cord, I used to think I was so elegant in that outfit (do you mean it's gone out of fashion? Oh drat)
    En x

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a sweet card Kath and the buttons galore are fab
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun card. Great colors and I love the button tree, very creative of you! Never too many buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous and all those fabby buttons, I love them. I lost my button tin when we moved house years ago :( like you i had lots of memories in my tin a button and pearl from my Grans wedding dress. All gone, never really found the heart to start another one. i love how you have used the buttons Kath. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card! Lots and lots of buttons, but they are all perfect! Love that image (I almost used it also ;), but I did something else). Love the colours on your card.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabby card Kath.Love the tree and all the buttons.Never can have too many.I've got my grannies big old box of buttons too.They're in a battered old pontefract cake tin.
    Hugs
    Cass xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that is so cute and adorable. Love the Image and all the wonderful Details.

    Your creations are all so wonderful....

    Hugs
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is scrummy! I love that image!
    I love my button box too!
    need to get more PB stamps, and join in with this challenge.
    love tina x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, Kath I adore your card! That tree is to die for love it, the buttons look fab, I adore them too! Have a good bank hols!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Kath, fab card, I love it and your tree is great!

    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just adore this card Kath. The button tree and your flower buttons are just co cute!!
    Hugs, Vicky -x-

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous creation Katch. I can definitely see that there was no holding back when it got to using all those lovely buttons. Just love the adorable image ... his a real useless butterfly catcher ... I gather that is what the net is for after all. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this card! It's so fun and the button tree is so cute!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous card hun, I fell in love the first time i saw it... brilliant, love everything about it.. gorgeous and a hugh congrats on your DT at Polka Doodle.
    Hope you've had a fab weekend
    hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabby card - really cheerful! I love all of those buttons!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Kath, this is just too blinking cute!!! I am loving that tree - it truly is the sweetest thing ever!!! Amazing card my friend - I love it!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  29. Too many buttons you say? Not a chance, this is PERFECT!!! Super cute, I love the adorable scene you've created. This couldn't be any more cute, it's just not possible!! Love it!!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete