Sunday, May 31, 2009

Gallivanting Again

Morning Folks....by the time you read this I should be off on another gallivant.....Ikea this time....I am having a real treat this weekend....2 days I have been allowed out of the cubbyhole...will have to burn the midnight oil somewhat to catch up with the schedule....but hey will worry about that later in the week.
I just had the best morning yesterday....the weather was absolutely glorious and I set off to drive the 20 miles to Alford.....a small town set amongst the rolling hills of Aberdeenshire.....gobsmacking scenery.....wow and what a surprise.....gorgeous gorgeous designer craft shop...all Pink and Black.......very swish and modern.....SIMPLY CREATE owned by the lovely Jacqui and little did I realise it was a  Jacqui that I know and wow...wow...wow....I no sooner stepped in the door and guess who had beat me to it....my lovely bloggy bud Debbi....already filling her basket.      Oh I think we died and went to heaven.... just wanted everything......Penny Blacks.....Hero Arts.....gorgeous gorgeous papers and embellies....the two of us were like bees around a honey pot.   I stupidly went thinking there is nothing I am needing....just going for a look.....well how naive was I......and believe me we came out a great deal poorer but happy as Larry.     A little saunter down the street and into the nearest coffee shop for a well earned drink and a blether......and lots of laughs......I just had the best time and you know crafting can be a very solitary hobby.....it was great to escape for a while and do what I enjoy even more than crafting...chatting.....it was great to meet up with Debbi again...she is just the sweetest bloggy bud and we are planning to do it all again sometime soon and if you are reading this Dawn....this will be our outing when you come to visit.   So if you live anywhere near this gorgeous little crafty cavern......get yourselves over there....I promise you won't be disappointed and Jacqui will make you so welcome....she is just the loveliest sweet gal.
Now Oliver is coming to spend the day tomorrow with Grandma.....so definitely a NO CRAFTING DAY...but I will try to schedule something to keep you amused until I am back in the swing on Tuesday....that is...if I haven't taken off to Alford again....well maybe not this week.....don't think the crafty stash purse can afford it.....toodle..oo for now.
Hugs Kath xxxxxxx